Anni 'Adrasteia' Kristensen
Psychic Private Investigator
Aliases Adria, Nemesis
Refresh 3 (3 +2 Advancements +1 Bonus -2 Stunts -1 Condition)
Pragmatic Psychic Investigator; Thousands of Years of Torment; A Woman Of Two Worlds; It’s Not Paranoia If It’s Real; Great Power Brings Great Responsibility
- Evocation. In game terms, you may perform any of the four basic actions with spectacular magical effects such as defending with a shield of ice or creating an advantage by shifting earth beneath the opponent’s feet. Your actions may have scale (page 182) at the GM’s discretion. If desired, push yourself to increase the spell’s effect. These benefits are cumulative: if you mark two stress boxes and both conditions, you could do a single magical action at +8, and then have +2 to all magical actions for the rest of the scene.
- Check a stress box for +1 or two boxes for +2 on any one magical action. You may check only two boxes at a time.
- Mark Exhausted to add +4 to any single magical action or to attack multiple targets magically without dividing your roll (page 190).
- Mark Burned Out to gain +2 to all magical actions for the rest of the scene or, if Exhausted is already checked, to attack multiple targets with magic without having to divide your roll.
- Thaumaturgy. You excel at ritual magic (page 168). Add +2 to the preparation roll for any ritual.
- Soulgaze. When looking someone directly in the eye for more than a few seconds, you peer into their soul and they likewise see into yours. The exchange manifests itself as a cryptic vision. Make an Intellect roll, opposed by their Intellect roll; the winner learns one concrete, useful piece of information about the other individual, or two things if they succeed with style. On a tie, each person learns something. These things can be advantages with a free invoke at the GM’s discretion.
Additional Stunts (1+2)
- The Prey Game. You have learned that a great way to get an advantage against a monster is to pretend at vulnerability. You gain +2 to The Hunt when you create an advantage to lure your marked quarry into a false sense of security.
- Kinetic Specialist. Adria gains a +2 bonus to Forceful Kinetic attacks.
- Blasting Ring. Once per session, Adria may use his rings to facilitate a stunt based around the sudden application of kinetic force (for instance, an additional +2 to attack by Forcefully blasting a chunk of rubble at an opponent, or pushing a target into an adjacent zone as a result of a successful attack).
Dimma’s magic comes from something within her. If asked, she would have problems answering and eventually just settle on her soul. Most of her spells start from one of two places, her mind or her heart. Magic using forces comes mostly from her emotions. The more emotional she is in a situation, the more powerful her spells tend to be. This means that her forces spells are usually impulsive. Works of mind magic come from her mind after careful consideration and focus. In the end, her magic truly bleeds out from her strong will and unwillingness to surrender. After her perceived millennia of torment, she has come to realise she can only truly count on herself. Anni has forged her will to be as strong as any to compensate. Her’s is a will so strong that it forces reality to bend and submit to it.
Paradigm. Reality is an Illusion, Might is Right
Practices. Crazy Wisdom, Dominion/Will, Martial Arts, Yoga/Meditation
Instruments. Drugs and Poisons, Meditation, Ordeals and Exertions, Thought-Forms, Weapons
Purviews. Psychokinetic Forces (Electricity, gravity, sound, light, heat, fire), Telekinesis (including shaping/transmuting matter), Telepathy (and Mental Dominion), Biokinesis (Healing, metamorphosis, physicality, vigour)
Note: These are in addition to the standard ‘In Peril’, ‘Doomed’ and ‘Indebted’ Conditions, and the Spellcaster conditions ‘Exhausted’, ‘Burned Out’ and ‘The Third Eye’.
In Pursuit (Sticky)
Check this condition when you name a specific supernatural creature as your target. While this condition is checked, you are obsessed with your quarry and committed to seeking its destruction regardless of cost; you also gain a new approach—The Hunt at Great (+4)—which can be used with any action taken against that quarry. The GM, however, is granted two free boosts to use against you in any scene not directly related to your pursuit and may propose compels involving your obsession. Recover from this condition when your target is dead or you abandon the hunt. If you choose the latter, you may not pursue that particular quarry again.
Pragmatic Private Investigator
Anni felt that she was too exposed as a member of the system, so decided to help people as a private citizen. She has opened her own ‘investigation’ firm, although really she has become a fixer of sorts for those without the means to help themselves. This is mostly financed by gambling, putting her ability to read people and mind surf to give her a huge advantage.
After coming out of her coma, she has learned that she has access to incredible powers, and must done the persona of Dimma to fight the crime and corruption within the city that slips through the cracks and under the radar.
Thousands of Years of Torment
While in her coma after the accident, she experienced thousands of years of life. Whatever hellscape she had been sent/taken/dragged to worked in a space of dilated time where she was tortured and tormented until she finally became strong enough to overcome the challenges there.
A Woman Of Two Worlds
She both follows the rules around her and rejects them, as it suits what she feels is the best way to help others. When possible, she will work within the rules and laws of conduct, usually as Anni. When those rules or laws fall short, she does not hesitate to take matters into her own hands as Dimma and do what must be done to correct the flaws.
It’s Not Paranoia If It’s Real
Anni knows that her powers have put her in a place of vulnerability in a sense. She has begun to act as if there are people actively looking for her and employed many false identities to put more obstacles for those that would try to trace her, or Nemesis.
Great Power Brings Great Responsibility
Awakening from her coma with powers most people could only dream of, Anni feels it is her duty to use those powers for the good of her city. Not unlike all the heroes currently on TV who come to learn they possess more power than the average person, so wear costumes and help protect their home.
*Raised as an only child.
*Mother had miscarriage when Anni was 8.
*Mother and father both worked hard to provide her with a good education.
*Was never the best in school, but was always near the top.
- Jennifer Kristensen – Mother.
- Christopher Kristensen – Father.
- Darryl Albrecht – Special Investigations Contact.
- Ancient One – Being rescued from sculture prison.
Your allegiances aren’t clear when it comes to the Barsetti Crime Family. How did Tony Pirazi find out? What don’t they know?
Tony saw Anni in one of the fronts for the Barsetti Crime Family. She was speaking to them with familiarity, thus were left suspicious as to what she was up to. He does not know that she was there threatening them (kindly) over one of their enforcer’s children.
You and Abigail Thomson were rivals, but something changed between you not too long ago. What emotions still linger? Guilt? Resentment? Love? Sadness?
We woke up to find ourselves possessing incredible powers. Though they are still rivals of a sort, they keep their rivalry separate from their work in the awakened world. In a sense I suppose each resents and envies the other to a degree for their dedication to their respective sides when it comes to hiding/uncovering the truth.
You had a premonition about the fatality of a child that came to pass. Who did you try to warn? How did they respond?
The warning to the police was not taken seriously, and now people are dead. The bright side is that she now has contacts within the police that will at least take her reports seriously, instead of possibly just dismissing them.
Anni is currently undertaking several investigations.